This spicy pumpkin soup is my favourite way to warm up my insides during the cold winter months. The sweet creamy pumpkin pairs perfectly with the spicy warmth of ginger and chilli to create a flavour explosion that your tastebuds will loves. And being completely vegan and gluten-free, your gut will love it too!
- 1kg Pumpkin (peeled and cubed)
- 500g carrots (chopped)
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 knob Ginger (roughly sliced)
- 1 knob turmeric (roughly sliced)
- 3-4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper or 2 fresh red chillies
- 1 400ml can Coconut Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place the pumpkin, carrot, onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric and cayenne/chilli into a large pot.
- Fill pot with enough stock to cover the veggies.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 1-15 mins (or until veggies are soft)
- Ladle batches of veggies and cooking liquid into a high speed blender, and blitz until smooth (this usually takes me about 3 batches)
- Return blended soup to pot, add most of the coconut cream (reserving a little for later). Heat gently and stir until combined.
- Serve in bowls garnished with a drizzle of coconut cream, fresh coriander leaves and sliced red chiili.
This soup freezes great in individual portions, so I'll often make a huge batch to get me through a few cold weeks of Winter. Enjoy!