The very best Far Infrared Sauna technology available
Not all infrared saunas are alike. At Sunshine Colonics Health & Wellness Centre we have invested in Sunlighten's clinical grade saunas. Sunlighten Infrared Saunas are renowned worldwide as the best and most-effective on the market, and are fitted with patented Solocarbon® heating technology unique to Sunlighten. They are also independently tested and proven to emit a consistent perfect delivery of Far Infrared wavelengths.
No other sauna brand can match this technology (ask us for the scientific test results).
Why waste money on unreliable infrared saunas that don’t deliver the results you’re looking for? Try our infrared sauna and experience the noticeable benefits for yourself!
Why is Infrared Therapy so good for me?
Far Infrared saunas can be a great detoxification tool when cleansing your body. Clients have also reported a wide range of benefits from regular infrared therapy including:
The Far Infrared Sauna provides a deep penetrating heat that:
- Removes toxins from the body - Far infrared is the optimum wavelength for detoxifying. Your Sunlighten sauna sessions detoxify your body by helping to remove potentially carcinogenic heavy metals and chemicals. 20% of your sweat will contain heavy metals and toxins, compared to just 3% with traditional saunas.
- Assists in blood pressure reduction – Only Sunlighten Infrared Saunas have been proven to significantly reduce both systolic and diastolic blood pressure over a 6 week period.
- Promotes deep relaxation - The most immediate and noticeable effect of your sauna is tremendous relaxation, which in itself can have significant health benefits. We use calming music and essential oils to enhance the calming ambiance.
- Assists in weight loss and cellulite reduction – Far infrared can assist in the reduction of cellulite and break down the lumps of fat, water and toxins trapped in pockets beneath the skin. Burns calories and helps control weight. As you relax you can burn 300-500 calories in a 30 minute session.
- Improves skin tone - It has been shown to relieve acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, lesions and cuts. Skin tone is improved with 3 times more perspiration and increased blood circulation that expels deeply imbedded impurities and dead skin cells while drawing out nutrients to the skin surface for improved tone, elasticity, texture and colour.
- Provides pain relief - The sauna’s deep penetrating heat dilates blood vessels and delivers more oxygen-rich blood to tired joints and muscles. The gentle heat promotes greater relaxation, flexibility, range of motion and healing.
- Improves your cardiovascular system – Your blood circulation and heart rate increases as more blood flow is diverted from the inner organs towards the extremities of the skin, without heightening blood pressure.
- Strengthens the immune system – During your session your core body temperature is raised by approximately 3 degrees (F), mimicking an artificial fever. As your body works to fight the fever, your body’s immune system is strengthened. Your body’s natural resistance is also increased with the elimination of disease-causing toxins and waste via your sweat.
- Improves your lymph flow – The infrared sauna can help to reduce swelling and inflammation by getting your lymph channels pumping to reduce associated lymph congestion.
- Hyperthermia therapy for cancer patients – Our Infrared sauna is proven to consistently and reliably increase core body temperature which has been known to weaken and damage cancer cells over repeated treatments, and make them more sensitive to radiation and certain cancer drugs. The optimum body core temperature should be raised by 3°F which is exactly what Sunlighten's clinical-grade Far Infrared is proven to do.
How does it work?
Far Infrared radiant energy safely penetrates deep into your skin, tissues and muscles, reaching approximately one and a half inches below the skin. The infrared heat excites the water molecules and fat cells to vibrate and break down, resulting in a release of toxins and other materials which then exit your body as sweat. Sweating plays a vital role in helping you maintain good health, by helping to regulate body temperature and assisting your body rid itself of toxins. Many people report sweating sooner and heavier compared to a traditional sauna.
What does it feel like?
Infrared is a soft and gentle heat. At first it feels lovely and warm, not too hot. After 10-15 minutes you’ll start to become damp all over and soon after start sweating more heavily. By this stage your body core will have increased in temperature by approximately 3 degrees (F).
Then you’ll sweat deeply for the remainder of your session, no need to get out to cool down. You’ll leave you session feeling relaxed, refreshed and revitalised!